Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hippie Me

Yeah, call me odd. I just realized tonight that I'm going to miss nursing when it's over. I only got to nurse Hunter until 9.5 months because of the medicine that they gave me during my miscarriage. I thought that I missed it then due to the promptness of it's end and that I was shorted 2.5 months. I thought that if (God granting) I was able to nurse for a full year this time, I would be totally satisfied. For a short period of time (around 10 months old) I was satisfied. But now I'm not. Maybe it's the hormones. Maybe it's the 1st birthday party planning. Whatever it is, I'm not ready to give it up. Sadly, I have a 3 day, baby-free, trip planned a few weeks after Gray turns one. I suppose I'll just play it by ear when the times comes, but I am by no means going to "cut" her off by November 28th. Maybe I'll take my pump with me on the trip, maybe I won't. We'll see how my heart feels by then.

p.s. - I'm not at all sad about my trip, just about the implications it has on my nursing...after re-reading that it sounded like I wished I wasn't going on the trip - that, my friends, is not true at all! :0)

9 comments:

Britt said...

I know how you feel. By this point with Ally, I had already stopped due to going back to work and my supply dropping. I always thought that I would be ok if I could do it just for any amount of time longer. I am not looking forward to student teaching because I am not sure how often I will be able to pump or how my supply will hold up and it is depressing me already!!!

Bld424 said...

Ah, hippie you! Are you wearing natural fiber shoes? or showering only once per week? or giving up IC Mochas because they aren't vegan?

I didn't think so! You are still normal. You are a-okay!!!

PS - My blog tonight is on a similar topic.

Danielle said...

Ash OT but You are such a GREAT friend Ash! I really couldnt ask for a better friend! You really are and I appreciate it more than you will ever know!:) PS the breast feeding, not just hormones:) It is normal:)

Hugs from COLD Iowa!

Bld424 said...

IMHO = in my humble/honest opinion.

So IMHO, you are a blogging champ!

Ashley said...

Thanks for that "blogging" tip and compliment Bethany! :0)

Amanda said...

I nursed Scottie until almost two. We just weren't ready to call it quits earlier than that. After the first year it became a morning ritual and comfort more than an all through out the day thing. I have friends that nursed until almost three. Do what's right for you and Graysen? It is a beautiful thing and I am so grateful it was an experience that was so positive for me and Scottie. Although, even with nursing to two, he doesn't seem to really remember it.

It's a struggle to know when that time is right.

Ashley said...

Yes, it is for sure Amanda! I hope that God will just "give me a sign" or something! :0)

Tina said...

whats OT?

Bld424 said...

OT = Off Topic