Thursday, November 6, 2008

Undefinable

I had a fun two hours tonight. It's amazing how you forget what your "old" life was like after you've gotten married and had children. Since I don't get out of dance until 9 p.m. on Thursdays (after my kids are already in bed) I decided to go over to my mom's tonight to visit. My mom and sister and I laughed more in those two hours then I have in two weeks. I love being with them. Now it may sound as if I don't get to spend much time with them which isn't true. In fact, I see them almost every day - but usually it's with my kids. There's something very freeing about being with two of your best friends without your kids. Something amazing happens. I can't put my finger on it, but I do know that it's fun. Just plain fun. We didn't do anything spectacular, we sat around the computer and laughed at things online, we laid in my mom's bed and talked. It didn't matter...it was fun.

I love you girls. Thanks for reminding me of who I am deep down at my core.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love you so much..it's funny, bc right beore you came mom and I talked about how excited we were for you to come over..you are right, something does happen..not sure what it is, but we revert right back into our "old life" which I love and cherish in my heart :)

Ashley said...

Same here sissy.