Monday, November 17, 2008

The next stage...

I'm entering a new stage of my life. Okay, so really it has nothing to do with me, but since this is my blog I'll tell it from my perspective.

My mom is engaged. Yup. She says she's not calling it that, but that's what it is. Charlie (Charles, Char, Chaz, LC, Chuck, etc.) bought her a beautiful diamond ring. She's wearing it on her left ring finger. It's an engagement. My mom is getting married!

I'm happy for her. I really, honestly, can say that I am. Until the past 6 months or so I don't know that I could've said that truthfully. This has been a long time coming, a long hard road. My dad left us almost 6 years ago and Mom met Charlie 4 months (or so) afterwards. He's been around in one capacity or another ever since. He was there for my wedding, the birth of all of my children. He has helped me through lots of things over the past 6 years. Whether or not he knows it, I feel like we have an unspoken connection, an understanding that only comes from people who have experienced what we have. Charlie is a wonderful man.

It's odd to say that I'm going to have a step-dad, or step-sisters. Only little kids have those things. That's something that a child of a broken home grows up with. I am not one of those children. Although the "technical terms" of things like that sound odd to me, I am happy to say that Charlie will be a wonderful addition to my family.

Welcome!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Yay! Congratulations!