I have been considering going to back to school to get my RN. I called my Mom to talk it over with her and she finally vocalized the words that I had been avoiding for so many years. Our lives were too crazy as it was - how could I dream of putting one more thing on my plate?! To make a long story short, after lots of tears and a long conversation with Lincoln - we made the decision that I would OFFICIALLY become a SAHM! No more odd jobs - nothing until Gray goes to Kindergarten. At that point I would go back to school to get a degree that would help me continue onto a career for the rest of my working years. So - come May, I am finally going to be living my dream! I am so excited and we are so blessed to be able to do this with our children!!!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Finally - a SAHM!!!!
I have been struggling for a long time with the chaos that is called our lives. My dream was always to be a stay at home mom to my children. To raise them the way that I saw fit, and not to send them to someone else to raise for 8 hours a day 5 days a week. This has not been the case so far though. When Hunter was born I was miserably working at FCFP. Lincoln and I decided that it was a perfect time for me to escape that place and stay at home with our first-born son. I stayed at home 12 short weeks and then went back to work out of necessity. I got a job at the STJ Middle School as an aide in the Special Ed Dept. I enjoyed my work, but only stayed there 2 months. An opening came up in the Technology Dept. at the High School building and I jumped on that. It was the perfect job for me. I got to be around computers all day (which I love learning about), and the people I worked with in my office were a dream! The only downfall...the pay! I stayed there 3 years. For the first year Lincoln kept Hunter during the week and on Mondays he went to either the flower shop with G.G. and A. Lisa, or Bixler Printing with Grandma and Cousin Nel. After that he got to be too old to hang out at those places and we put him in daycare with Mary Wools. She lived right next door to us, and it was a perfect set up...if you can call daycare the perfect set up. After 3 years in the Technology Office, we decided that I would once again try to be a stay at home mom. I was pregnant for the 4th time (with Graysen). It was a blessing that I was at home because I got put on bedrest for 10 weeks at the end of the pregnancy anyway! When Gray was 7 months old we decided that I would start baby sitting in our home...and once the word got out, I couldn't say no! We ended up with 3 full time kids and 1 part time...plus our 2! Our lives were crazy...which brings me to this story!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So does this mean no more dance studio either??
I knew you weren't babysitting anymore, but didn't know about the studio?!
Congrats -
No, I'm still doing the studio 2 nights a week - I love that and don't want to give it up. It'll get me out of the house and active. I'm very excited about being home during the days!!!
I'm so happy for you, Ashley. It was my heart's desire to be a SAHM from the beginning, but sometimes it takes years of prayer (and convincing) before it comes to be. I'm glad I got to start when Caleb was two, and even though I wish I could have started from the beginning, at least it's a reality now. Same for you...you'll finally get to do what you've always wanted! :o) YAY!!
Oh Ashley! I am sooooo excited for you! That is so cool and maybe I will be able to join you someday :)Enjoy the count down to it!!
Post a Comment