Now...where and how to start?!
Today I...
- Got out all the information that I gathered over 2 years ago and threw out all the domestic adoption stuff.
- I called Gladney and spoke with a women there. She explained the steps for that specific agency to me.
- I emailed two references for America World Adoptions.
- We watched a video from America World Adoptions.
- We made the decision to keep this adoption very quiet for now...we are only telling the Lovin's and the Chrisco's.
- We talked about possible ways to fund the adoption - need to talk to Dani more about this when she calls.
- We talked about where all of our important family documents are located (birth certificates, marriage license, etc.)...we think they are in the Redburn's safe.
- Emailed Marcinda and asked her to check the safe tonight and see if they are in there.
- Called the Rolla Division of Family Services. They don't do home studies for other agencies.
- Sent off for information from American Adoptions, who appear to do home studies for other agencies.
- Called and got all the info about getting our passports - 8-430 M-T, 8-4 F, need to bring 2 photos (Walmart), Birth Certificate with a raised seal, and Drivers License. Cost - 100.00 in cash, takes 4 weeks to get back.
- Started figuring our liabilities vs. assests...whew, this is going to be a challenge!
No comments:
Post a Comment