Monday, March 9, 2009

Fun Friday with Miss Kim!

My friend Kim is such an encouragement to me.  She is constantly making me smile, laugh, and reminding me that the most important thing is not how clean my house is, but that I am having fun and making memories with my husband and kids.  She has instituted "Fun Friday" with her daughter, and was kind enough to include myself and the kids in her first one!  :0)  Here are some pictures to commemorate it!




Hunter and Graysen are truly at a stage in their lives where they enjoy playing together.  Finally Hunter isn't complaining about his sister "ruining" his game, and she isn't whining every time she gets knocked down.  It's what my heart has always desired - to see my kids loving each other and interacting with kindness.  Here he is pushing her on in the swing.


Miss Kim brought a kite over for Hunter to fly!  He had only done it once before and it had been a year, so it was basically a new experience for him!  He was (amazingly) a very good kite flyer and was extremely proud of himself for doing such a great job!


I really love it when people will pose for pictures for me...and Kim is great!  :0)  She decided to give her hand at flying the kite after Hunter was done, and this was the result.  Her quote?  "How does a 4 year old manage to fly it fine and I get it stuck in the tree?!"  (She did get it down without ruining it!  Good job!)



I know, you are all beginning to think all I do is feed my kids cake and mud, but it's really just a matter of the fact that they are so much cuter when they are messy!  :0)  Yummy!





Thanks for taking our picture Kim - we had a great day with you!!




This picture is to remember my "future flash" from that day.  Graysen was running in the yard, she looked so pretty, and the wind was blowing her hair.  She turned around and smiled at me and said "Ma Ma!"  Before my eyes she transformed into a gorgeous young lady wearing a white wedding gown.  It literally brought me to tears.  I am not good with my kids growing up.  I look at the relationship I have with my mom now and realize that it's going to be great at every stage, but they are not always going to be the same as they are now...and that breaks my heart.  



Some other memories that we didn't get pictures of are:
  • Graysen throwing Bailee's bottle, a toy cell phone, and Kara's hair color out on the road on our trip to the Beauty Shop.
  • Hunter seeing a dead squirrel on the bike ride to the shop and then telling everyone that was the highlight of his day...only a 4 year old little boy!  LOL
  • Me learning the trick that when Graysen is throwing a fit while putting her in the car seat all I have to say is "Gray, are you hungry?"  which is always answered with a yes nod, me continuing on to say that we're going to get some food and her immediately calming down and sitting back in her seat.  Oh...what a girl!  (I wonder how long that will work...)

4 comments:

kimberly said...

I enjoyed Fun Friday with you as well. You might want to mention that the cake that Graysen has been eating for the last couple of weeks is the same one. LOL. Like cake would last a week more less a couple of days in my house. Anyways I can't wait until Bailee is a little older to fully enjoy Fun Friday's. I think this Fun Friday Bailee and I are going to the Springs, her first time. I love the springs and can't wait for her to see it.

Nel said...

Ashley you looked absolutely beautiful!!! You are such a fun mommy :)

Ashley said...

Thanks Nel...you are such kind! :0) Soon enough we'll be able to do these things with all 4 of our kids together! :0) Yippy!

Deanne Smallwood-Thomas said...

you got another pic of the four of you together! love the one of you and graysen too.