Well, the airline tickets are officially purchased. We fly out at 9:55 a.m. on May 14th, making it just 10 days until we are off to finally meet our newest family members! We will be back on May 22nd around 6:30 p.m. Yes, you counted right, that's almost 9 days away from Hunter and Graysen. I'm not sure how I'm going to make it, but I know that God's Grace will see ALL of us through those 9 days.
I made the boys' first Dr. appointments today. Wow, it was odd calling and making Dr. appointments for kids that I've never even met, yet I called them my sons with pride!
I'm trying really hard to continue with my everyday life, such as laundry, work, and Pampered Chef shows, but it's getting harder and harder by the day to concentrate on such things. I just want to get packed and spend the rest of the days cuddling and playing with Hunter and Graysen before we leave on this journey for so very long. I've only been away from them for 2 nights in a row...8 nights is going to be a shock.
Kids, please know that your Dad and I love each and every one of you more than you'll ever know...well, until you have kids of your own maybe. Although it is killing us to have to leave Hunter and Graysen, we are thrilled to know that we're going to bring home Bizayehu and Sintayehu and learn all about Ethiopia, which is a country that will forever be a part of our hearts and lives. It's so hard to be a parent to 4 children who are split across the world. I feel so guilty letting Hunter and Graysen down while we leave, but Sintayehu and Bizayehu need us too, it's just so emotionally draining.
On that note I'm headed to do more laundry...
Ash
No comments:
Post a Comment