Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's Sunday Morning!!!

Just recieved this email from Ash its Sunday morning there! Keep Praying!!!!!

Good morning from Ethiopia! I am feeling much more “with it” this morning, after almost 8 hours of sleep. The bed is definitely not the best, but I feel pretty good this morning. I woke up to the call to prayer this morning. It’s someone over the loud speaker in the city and it is beautiful!! I jumped out of bed and stood outside our door to listen. It’s a sing songy thing, and I think I could listen to it all day! I don’t know what religion it’s for, but I know that I’m going to use that time every morning to pray to the One True God and thank Him for being able to experience His creation here in Africa. As I walked around the building to come in the main house our gate keeper was standing outside reading his Bible, I’m hoping maybe we can do that together one of these mornings. Speaking of the gate keeper, he lives in literally a metal shack right inside the gates to the Ritmo, and I hear has to pay rent for it. His door was open this morning when I came around and it is LITERALLY big enough for a twin size mattress to fit in…that’s it. The poverty here is going to kill me, no doubt. Everyone here is so very hospitable and kind.

Last night we unpacked and it was so fun to lay the boys clothes out knowing that we are FINALLY going to meet them today. As we were laying in bed (it’s a king), Lincoln asked if I thought they would sleep with us tonight…I told him I didn’t think so, but we are praying for that kind of comfort level between us. We are praying that the boys will know immediately that we are here to love them uncondititionally forever and ever! They are really our sons! I am really amazed at how God brings families together, and although I know this wasn’t His plan A for these boys, I’m grateful that I get to be a part of God’s plan, whether B, C, or otherwise!

Gail should be here to pick us up, Lincoln and I, and Sheryl and Joanna in 3.5 hours. I can’t decide what to wear. It feels so much different than birth. Sheryl told us not to expect some ceremonial introduction to the boys, but that most likely they will just kind of shove them in our direction when they find them. Joanna has said that she will video for us. Keep praying for us and the boys please!! Sheryl is getting an 8 mo. Old baby, I’m excited to be able to play with him while we’re here as well!

Mom and Kara – can you believe this is the morning?!?! Oh. My. Goodness. I can’t wait to email you and let you know how the meeting went. Oh, Sheryl also told me that we can take the kids to the Leprocy Colony here…what an experience that is going to be. I can’t wait to do that! It’s hard for me to keep figuring out the time difference, so sorry if I’m confusing! I love you both very much and miss being home, but I woke up this morning realizing that this is really a once in a lifetime opportunity and I need to quit wishing I were home and soak in as much of this country as I can. It’s beautiful so far and I know that we’re going to want to keep it somewhat a part of the boys’ lives…it’s too amazing not to! I hope someday when Graysen is in HS we can ALL come back here together…seriously. Kara, how did your trip to Springfield go? Are you getting excited about the beach? Mom…one more week of work (with all the kids anyway)! I hope it’s a rather smooth one for you…

I love you both very much – please keep kissing the kids for me!

Ash


1 comment:

Joanna said...

Thank you so much for posting these emails - I'm so excited Ash is getting so many updates out. Can't wait to hear how meeting the boys went! :)