First of all, thank you to all of you who have reached out to me. The comments and prayers have been awesome. I knew in my hearts of hearts that you all were a wonderful, supportive group of friends, but I have to be honest, I was still scared to be honest with you all about our struggles. Thank you for your support.
My emotions are high... I've never struggled with post postpartum depression before, but I think that this must be very much what it's like. If you ever have it, I highly recommend reaching out to people. Call your friends, cry your heart out, ask for help,and be honest about how your feeling...
I promised you all a picture of the boys when we were all 6 together, and you want to know the honest truth?
We haven't taken one.
Not a single picture has been taken since we got home. None of the 6 of us together, none of the kids doing the adorable things together that I would usually be snapping away at. None of them all sitting around the dinner table, or brushing their teeth together, or all cuddled in their beds.
Not. One. Picture.
But, there are some positives:
So, emotional as I am, life continues. The Dr. apt. this morning was rough, and it's about to get rougher as we head to STL to the International Adoption Dr. sometime in the next two weeks to get some major investigating done of these two precious sons of mine.
My awesome husband cleaned the house for me while I was gone, it was amazing to walk in here!
Life will continue on.
We are having a Welcome Home Party at my mom's house on Sunday afternoon from 2-4 - if you are anywhere close and can come, please do! We'd love for you to meet the boys in person and introduce them to the people who have been praying them home!
My emotions are high... I've never struggled with post postpartum depression before, but I think that this must be very much what it's like. If you ever have it, I highly recommend reaching out to people. Call your friends, cry your heart out, ask for help,and be honest about how your feeling...
I promised you all a picture of the boys when we were all 6 together, and you want to know the honest truth?
We haven't taken one.
Not a single picture has been taken since we got home. None of the 6 of us together, none of the kids doing the adorable things together that I would usually be snapping away at. None of them all sitting around the dinner table, or brushing their teeth together, or all cuddled in their beds.
Not. One. Picture.
But, there are some positives:
- The boys have had pretty good appetites since being home. Blake is very picky, but eats well when he finds something he likes. Silas is adventurous in his eating and has done very well!
- They are sleeping good! They both take naps every afternoon and sleep well at night.
- One of them said "more please" at breakfast this morning without being prompted.
- The other said "thank you" at the Dr's office without prompting as well!
- Hunter told Lincoln today "my brothers have been gone a long time this morning, I'm ready for them to get home" (to me that means he's not totally annoyed with their presence!)
So, emotional as I am, life continues. The Dr. apt. this morning was rough, and it's about to get rougher as we head to STL to the International Adoption Dr. sometime in the next two weeks to get some major investigating done of these two precious sons of mine.
My awesome husband cleaned the house for me while I was gone, it was amazing to walk in here!
Life will continue on.
We are having a Welcome Home Party at my mom's house on Sunday afternoon from 2-4 - if you are anywhere close and can come, please do! We'd love for you to meet the boys in person and introduce them to the people who have been praying them home!
3 comments:
You are doing a great job Ashley and things will get better!
Hang in there :o)
New names! Some time I'd love to hear the story of naming them and their perceptions of all of it! I think it sounds like a big deal in their lives and documenting it on your blog might be cool for later!
I would like to stop by, but I feel concerned that too many ppl might overwhelm them. Do you think this is the case? We'll be in town anyway. I could bring my son and you can see how old he's gotten.
I will keep praying for YOU!
I notice the names?!? I'd like to hear more about it too like Mrs. Haid said!
Post a Comment