Thursday, May 27, 2010

Whew.

I am feeling better! I realize I haven't spoken much about it on here, but let me tell you, I have been SICK since we got home...and today, I am healed! Thank God! I went to the Dr. yesterday morning and they gave me on magic pill. Apparently it (with a lot of prayers) did the trick!

Things are good in the Redburn household. Strange, tough, but good. I feel like we're making memories, I feel like we're becoming a family. I'm working out some kinks that come with being the Mom of four children...and four VERY DIFFERENT children...but I'm working, that's the key word. I feel like as long as I'm being active, and proactive where I can be, I'm doing good!

There are some things that come with parenting children who have been institutionalized for some time that you just can't be prepared for until you are in the situation and have seen where they come from.

1. They run outside without asking. At the orphanage there are 15 foot walls with prison wire around the top to keep the kids inside the compound. They can run out of their bedroom, classroom, etc. into the courtyard area without anyone saying anything to them, because they can't go anywhere! I really don't think they realize that they could run FOREVER outside our front door. This is an issue.

2. I believe the only time they've gotten attention in the last 5 months is when they have gotten in a fight with each other...therefore this happens A LOT. The aggression is never with Hunter or Graysen, only with each other. They tend to torment each other and tease each other until the other attacks him and they end up in a dead lock. This is our other main issue.

Overall everyday is better than the one before and we are falling in love with each other.

No comments: