Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Christmas Sweater

I just finished The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck. Remenisent of Jason Wright's books, it was an easy read with a great story. This is a terrific book to read on the plane or in the car if you have travels ahead of you for the holiday season. Although the story was enjoyable, I thought the afterward was even better.

It made me sit back and think about how unappreciative we all are a children. It makes me sad to think that I have hurt my Mom like that a time or two I'm sure. We have no idea how much time and effort parents put into special occasions for us until we are parents ourselves. The stress of trying to provide a speical holiday for your children when money is tight is incredible.

It's a great reminder that even when the storm seems too big for us to handle, God is with us, wrapping His arms around us and keeping us safe and dry.

All is well.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I just saw his performance of this story Thursday night. It was amazing and quite the tearjerker. Beautiful music and a beautifully performed dramatic interp by him. I loved the style of the whole thing but I loved the story and its meaning even more. Yet another book to add to my list that I can't wait to read.