I have a confession to make. After last night's wonderful "good mom" experience with putting things into perspective when Gray woke up at 4 I found myself in the "bad mom" position tonight. I want to watch a show that comes on in 10 minutes and I found myself giving Graysen her bottle thinking "hurry up and drink this thing - I'm going to miss my show!". HOW TERRIBLE IS THAT??? I'm ashamed. I realized it while sitting there and apologized out loud to her - not that she knew what I was thinking anyway - and then to God. I realize that missing the first few minutes of my show - or missing it all together - is not the end of the world. They will play a re-run. Holy cow. Of course, she finished her bottle, put her down, checked on Hunter again, and saw that I still had 20 minutes until it started.
It's hard to go from Good Mom to Bad Mom - but the lucky thing is, is that God knows our thoughts, but He also knows our actions before we do them - and I know He'll always lead me back to being a good mom as long as I desire to follow Him.
Well - time for my show! :0)
2 comments:
oh Ash, we are so all there sometimes!!!!
I am such a bad mom sometimes .... after a bad day - or on thurs when Greys is on, I find myself hurrying through the bedtime routine, and thinking to myself - please just go to sleep NOW!!! AWFUL!!! Most of the time, I love the bed time routine, the smell of baby bath/lotion, the cuddling before bed - and I also know to cherish them because all too soon, he will be too big for all these things :(
Thanks for the encouragement Tina. It's so hard to juggle so many aspects of your life and be good at all of them!!!
Post a Comment