Obviously there are tons of reasons friends are great, but I realized one that I never really noticed before. Maybe it's my age, maybe it's the specific friend. My friend Bethany ( http://thefabulousmrshaid.blogspot.com) has made me much more environmentally aware. I was never the type to stop and think about how I could help save the environment or how what products I purchased made an impact until I met her and became an avid reader of her blog.
I got a new set of silverware for Christmas - we needed it desperately! I finally got around getting them out of the box and into the dishwasher this morning and I was very disappointed when I realized that each individual piece of silverware was wrapped in a plastic bag! There were 72 plastic bags and several "filler" cardboard boxes in the package. It actually made me sad and I couldn't believe the company was so wasteful. I'm thinking about writing them a letter letting them know my feelings.
What would you say in your letter?
1 comment:
Why so much excessive packaging? Why couldn't all the forks be in the same bag? Why not package using recycle paper to layer between the silverware?
That's what I would say!
I think they'd reply that they don't want to get complaints of scratched silverware.
Post a Comment