I am so inspired by some friends of ours. They have talked about how much they wanted a family since before they even got married. When they decided to start trying for a family they started buying baby stuff. They have closets full of boy and girl clothes. Tons of toys. They discussed parenting techniques They are READY. The only problem is that they can't have a baby. After enduring lots of testing they have decided to expand their family through Ethiopian Adoption! They have put so much time and effort into their children and they don't even know them yet! They have bought a new house that is big enough for several children and has a fenced in back yard. They have painted and set up the kids room. They have fundraised for this adoption in so many ways - from selling pizza cards, home made jewelry, and signs, to running a marathon - they have made this dream come true through hard work and faith in God.
Right now they are about 1 - 2 months away from getting their referral (seeing their children's faces for the first time!!!!) and then they will travel thousands of miles across oceans to pick up their children and bring them home. I can't imagine how anxious they are right now, but they are handling it with patience and grace. Simply amazing.
Every single day the last few weeks I have woken up wondering if today is the day that THEIR baby might be born. Or if it is already born what new milestones it is hitting. What it's eating that day, praying that it is comforted...that somehow it knows that Mommy and Daddy will be coming soon.
Guys - we are so proud to be your friends. We love you both and your children. We can't wait to meet them and shower them with gifts and love. You are constantly in our prayers and thoughts. WE MISS YOU!
1 comment:
OMG Ashley! I am literally crying VERY uncontrollably right now! Thank you is not enough when it comes to you and Lincoln and the support that you have shown us! I can not be more thankful to have a friend like you! More love and gratitude then you can ever imagine!
Dani
Did I mention we love you TONS!
Post a Comment