Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bed time

Bed time is one of my favorite routines at my house. I get special one on one time with each of my children. I get to talk to them, pray with them, and cuddle them before sending them off to a deep, peaceful slumber.

As I do more and more research on Ethiopia and start preparing for our visit there (yes, I know it's still a long way off, but I'm a planner, so a year away is not too long for me to start planning!), I have started thinking about the time difference. Right now, it's almost 9:30 p.m. It hit me then...I have missed bed time with my little one(s) again. How many more nights will I miss putting them to bed and sharing that special time with them?

The Bible tells us that God sings to us, and quiets us with His love...and we can't hear Him or feel Him, but how often do we experience the peaceful feeling come over us in a dark time of need? More often than I can count I have been comforted by God's singing, even when I couldn't hear it and quieted by His love.

I am going to try to sing to my children, to pray with them, and to love them at bed time...even when it falls in the middle of the afternoon...

The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with his love. He will rejoice over you with singing. -
Zephaniah 3.17

No comments: