Here is a bucket list that I made in October of '08: (current additions are done in red)
1. Witness a miracle - Done, although I didn't know it at the time, my son Hunter is a miracle. With the genetic disorder that I have I shouldn't have been able to have him without being on medication.
2. Visit Rome and Venice
3. See my children grow up and accomplish their goals
4. Go to a ballet with Lincoln
5. Be debt free (and have a savings to pass on to my children) - In the process, we have started the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University program...so we are on our way!
6. Provide a home and loving family for a child who needs one (other than my two biological children) - we are well on our way to adoption, making this goal a reality! :0)
7. Make a difference for God - never know, I am not sure I will ever know whether I accomplished this one or not until I get to the Kingdom. It's just something I will forever be striving for!
8. Get a tattoo - (this is something that I waver on...I want one, but can't come up with an idea that I feel good about having on my body for the rest of my life, so when I finally come up with one, I'll do it!!!) I believe that I am going to get my children's footprints (from their birth certificates). This is the one thing that I will have of ALL of my children. They have made the biggest footprints in my life, so I think this is an appropriate "design". Still not sure when I'll get up the nerve to do it, be willing to spend the money on something like that, or decide where I want it...but someday...!!!
9. Totally and Completely not stress over Christmas gifts one year
10. Throw someone a surprise party
2. Visit Rome and Venice
3. See my children grow up and accomplish their goals
4. Go to a ballet with Lincoln
5. Be debt free (and have a savings to pass on to my children) - In the process, we have started the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University program...so we are on our way!
6. Provide a home and loving family for a child who needs one (other than my two biological children) - we are well on our way to adoption, making this goal a reality! :0)
7. Make a difference for God - never know, I am not sure I will ever know whether I accomplished this one or not until I get to the Kingdom. It's just something I will forever be striving for!
8. Get a tattoo - (this is something that I waver on...I want one, but can't come up with an idea that I feel good about having on my body for the rest of my life, so when I finally come up with one, I'll do it!!!) I believe that I am going to get my children's footprints (from their birth certificates). This is the one thing that I will have of ALL of my children. They have made the biggest footprints in my life, so I think this is an appropriate "design". Still not sure when I'll get up the nerve to do it, be willing to spend the money on something like that, or decide where I want it...but someday...!!!
9. Totally and Completely not stress over Christmas gifts one year
10. Throw someone a surprise party
11. Adore every piece of furniture in my home.
I don't really know of anything else that I could add to it right now. I'm not one to really "wish" things. I work very hard at being happy with what I have right now. I'm also not a hugely adventurous person, so I would never have sky diving or skinny dipping or anything like that on my list... ;0)
What is on YOUR bucket list?!
No comments:
Post a Comment