Friday, May 1, 2009

Sometimes Mommies just ruin everything!

It seems that I'm already ruining Graysen's life.  Or so she thinks.  

Every time she comes up with an idea of something to do and I shoot it down she just gives me this priceless pouty face look and whines.  In her language (which if you know her very well, you know she's had forever and doesn't seem to be willing to give up anytime soon) she pretty much gives me the "what for".  Sometimes I get the full out "throw myself on the floor and sob and see if that changes her mind" treatment.  

Last night we were playing a game with my glasses (I know, big no-no, but sometimes you just have to have fun and not worry about getting your glasses broken!).  I started getting a headache from not having them on, so I told her the game was over.  I got the pouty face and whine.  Then she wanted to go outside.  "Ouw" (this is her word for outside).  When I told her it was too late I got "the talk".  A few minutes later she went back to the door and wanted to go out again.  Again, I told her "no".  Lucky me, I got the "I'm going to throw myself on the floor to show you just how mean you are" treatment.  

I'm sure that this will only manifest itself in a variety of ways over the next 17 years.  I can't wait!  

No comments: