I'm not perfect. I know this isn't a surprise to anyone, but I often have that expectation of myself. I expect my children to be perfectly clean, well dressed, the house picked up, the laundry caught up, dinner made, and the dishes done. This doesn't always happen. Actually, it happens less than the alternative does. Last night our small group came over and the sick was PILED with the pots and pans that were used to make their dinner. My children went over to Britt's unfed (I knew she would have something they could eat).
There just aren't enough hours in the day. Especially with me babysitting and Lincoln working his 2nd job Tuesday - Friday, I simply can not get all of the errands run.
I can't WAIT to get my hair done tomorrow. I had an apt. yesterday...Lincoln went to work instead. I had an apt. today...guess what? Lincoln went to work instead. I have any apt. tomorrow...guess what? I told Lincoln NO WORK TOMORROW! (Being able to cancel apts. at the last minute and still get another one the next day is the beauty of having a hair dresser as a sister...)
As much work as it is, I'm looking forward to recital this weekend. I enjoy seeing all of the kids in their adorable costumes. I love watching the older girls get nervous before they go on stage. It brings back SO many good memories from my dancing years that I can't help but enjoy myself!
I'm anxious for Megan to have her baby on Sunday night / Monday morning! I have a strong feeling it's going to be a boy, but I thought that same thing about Mya! :0) I think she is going to make a great mom and I very excited to help her along the journey.
It's hot. The last few days I have just started sweating! I hate to sweat! Lincoln even turned on our air last night during small group because there were so many people in our home and it was like 85 in here. Miserable.
I'm really excited about doing Pampered Chef, but am a little discouraged at the lack of interest. I know a lot of my close friends and family have recently had a show, so that makes it hard, but I'm not going to give up, I truly believe in the products, and think that having shows is going to be a lot of fun, can't wait for my first one!
I should really stop blogging random thoughts and finish folding the laundry. There will be another load done in no time and this last one isn't even folded yet. Oops.
2 comments:
I struggle with the same issue of perfection. I have never thought of myself as one of those everything has to be perfect people but I AM!!! I feel as if it is a direct reflection of me as a wife and mom if the house or kids are a mess. SO SILLY and NOT true but I just feel guilty! We need to be easier on ourselves and know that we do our best! God won't ask us how many days we were able to get our house completely cleaned! :o) Love you!!!
Hm... Brittany's comment really made me stop and think. I by no means hold myself to a standard of perfection, but I DO think that my kids are a direct reflection of me and my mommying. Noah's lack of coordination is traced right back to my lack of emphasis on gross motor skills... but him writing his name all by himself was also a direct reflection of my parenting. We all have our own ideas of what's important, and we choose what NOT to bring into our children's lives as well. For the most part, I think our children are being molded every single day. :-) What a great power we moms have!
PS- I like to think that my imperfect house is a reflection of the fact that I spend time nurturing my kids instead of scrubbing the baseboards with a toothbursh! lol...
Post a Comment