Wednesday, February 10, 2010

4



Happy 4th Birthday to my sweet Angel Claire.

Sweet baby girl,

Yes, I still think of you as a baby. I know, you're 4 years old now and probably wouldn't appreciate being called a baby if you were still living here with us. I imagine that you would be beautiful, smart, and very active, much like your brother Hunter.

A lot has changed since your last birthday. Last year I felt very sad, and lonely without you here. This year, although I am crying as I type this letter, I do feel much more at peace. Probably the best I've felt since Jesus took you to live with Him. People talk about you often, and that helps. I think as more time passes, the people around us will feel more comfortable talking about you and all of the beautiful things that your short life taught us. Talking about you helps. Seeing the pictures of you in my belly that hangs on the wall between your brother and sister's frames help. Keeping you a daily part of our lives helps.

Mommy is learning to live a full and happy life without you here. It was hard the first few years, but I'm learning...sometimes Mommies are the slowest learners! :0) As you know, we are adding two more brothers to our family soon! I know you will be excited about this. God has been holding them close, and I'm sure, has appointed you to be especially watchful of them until we can get them home. Thank you for that.

I bought new flowers for your headstone, which I know you care nothing about, but it makes Mommy and Daddy feel better when there are pretty flowers by your name! This year they are blue, purple and pink.

We will take 4 pink balloons and tie them on your headstone this morning and then we'll head to STL as a family to go to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate! We will celebrate you, our family, our love for each other, our commitment to each other even through hard times, and God, who is faithful, always. We'll have birthday cake tonight at Bible Study and celebrate you with some of our friends.

I love you sweet baby girl. I think of you every single day. I miss you every single day. What I wouldn't do to hold you just one more time...

It is only our time left here on Earth that separates us from you...until that day,
Love Always,
Mommy


6 comments:

Joanna said...

Thinking of you today! I'm still blown away that it has been four years! Happy Birthday Claire!

Nel said...

Hang in there Ashley... I will be thinking about you today.

kimberly said...

Happy Birthday Claire!

Chrissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

I was thinking of your family and sweet Claire today. Happy birthday to Claire! I can only imagine what kind of celebrations she is having in Heaven. :)

Danielle said...

ash thinking of you and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!