As three women, three sisters in Christ, three best friends knelt before God, He was there. He was right there with us, covering each of our hands as we held them. He was listening, He was preparing to do great things. He caught the tears that were shed, He spoke our words to each other and to Him.
It's not often that I am able to be with two of my very best friends. With the hundreds of miles that separate us, and the 6 (soon to be 8) children that we have, it's hard for the three of us to get together...but let me tell you, when we are - something big is bound to happen!
Our time together was spent encouraging each other in God's Word and love. We were reminded that "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." (1st Corinthians 13:4-8)
How different is that than what the world today tells us? When our friend or spouse wrongs us, are we kind? Are we not rude to them, not angered? Do we not keep any record of wrongs? Doubtful. The world tells us that we deserve better. We deserve to keep the record of wrongs and they deserve for it to be shoved in their face as often as possible.
The world tells us that we don't have to forgive...that it is weak to forgive. I have to argue with that. I think it's the strong, harder thing to do to forgive and forget. I would argue that it's much harder to show someone the love of Christ after they have wronged you than it is to follow the rules that society has set for us.
Oh how I adored my time with the girls. How I long for more. Every time I see them I crave more time with them. They are such an encouragement to me. They work hard every single day to become closer to Jesus Christ and to live a Godly life. They are trying to raise their children to know and love God. I know I can trust their counsel. They speak The Truth into my life, whether we are together or apart. I know I can call and have them pray for me right then and there, no matter what they are doing - because they know and believe that God is the Truth and the Light. How nice it is to be surrounded by women, mothers, and wives who seek God's way before their own way and aren't afraid to say it!
FFH is a band that we have all loved since HS. We used to sing their songs of praise together weekly...One day we'll do it again girls, until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment