Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A few ramblings by Ashley

My life is once again at a semi stand still. I feel like this is the story of my life...it's either feast or famine, flood or drought. I am either swamped or I'm twirling my thumbs. We are still on a hunt for a good used (and I mean USED) mini-van, and 2 bicycles for the boys...anyone know of some for me?! This is a good thing though because it means that we now have time for things like trips to the Magic House with friends!

We are still waiting on a court date for the boys...we're waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Although they tell me it should be by mid-March I'm beginning to question that, as all of the court dates that were scheduled for this week are being rescheduled for later due to a government office randomly taking a week off.

Hunter is really behaving lately! We went through some rough patches with behavior, but it's looking up! We've started using "boundaries" rather than "rules". We are doing a parenting study in our small group and they have been talking about "boundaries"...it's a great concept really. A boundary is a 'line' that you can cross over...and if you can cross over it, you must be able to come back to the first side right?! When you break a rule it's just over...it's broken, there's no going back. I like the concept that Hunter can decide to turn around and make a better choice after making a poor first one. I also think a boundary is a rather personal thing, where a rule is imposed on you by someone else. I would like to think that this concept is going to help him start setting some personal guidelines for his life. I hope it helps him test out and decide where he wants his boundaries to be.

Graysen on the other hand...lol. She is SO bossy! Gray, when you have a daughter who tries to boss you around at age 2 you'll get no sypathy from me...only a slight grin and a "good luck babe!" She is going to have to hold her own with three older brothers, but we must draw a line somewhere! It doesn't matter who it is, she thinks she has the right to tell them what to do, when to do it, and how to do it! Oh honey, you have sooo much to learn!

Lincoln and I will be married 6 years this Sunday. It's odd for me to believe that we've been married twice as long as we dated. We've been together for 9 years in March...for those of you who know me, can you believe it?! 9 years?! Wow. We're old. God has blessed me with a husband who is more than faithful to Him, and me...I'm blessed. I've been slacking big time on my reasons why I love him, I just had so many "scheduled" posts that I forgot to go back and add them at the bottom...I'm going to make a list here in the next few days and catch up though! There are plenty of them, I'm not lacking for reasons, that's for sure.

Miracles happen every day. Did you know that? Sometimes they are from people who are around us every day...but God works miracles through people. We've recently had a major one in our lives. God is MIGHTY AND GOOD!

We love sleeping with an electric blanket. Although I'm FAR too ready for Spring to be here, I do have to admit I'm a little sad about the day that I take my blanket off my bed and pack it away until next fall. It's a really old, ugly pink electric blanket, that actually only works about half the time, but man, it sure feels good to climb into a warm bed every night!

Did I mention how ready I am for Spring to come? We had awesome weather on Saturday and my kids played outside all day. What a blessing! I can not wait to sit on my back porch, or watch from my kitchen window while all four of our kids run and play in the back yard together this spring and summer. I can't wait to take walks around the neighborhood and stop at the Elementary playground for them to play half way through our walk. I can't wait to spend entire mornings or afternoons at Lion's Club Park. I get some major quality reading time in while the kids burn some major energy...it's great for all of us!

No comments: