Two days before we got our referral call, I wrote this post. I had reached my limit. I couldn't take it anymore. I was beginning to lack in my duties as a wife and mother. My heart knew that my children were out there, and I needed to see their faces. God knew. He heard my call and answered in my deepest time of need.
Wednesday I had a major anxiety attack. I had not had an update of any kind on the boys in 5 weeks...and the information that I had gotten then was already 4 weeks old. Crazy thoughts (from the Devil) started to run through my head. What if they weren't even real? What if I had been loving and preparing for two boys that weren't even there? What if they were sad and scared and hiding out in their room everyday? My Mommy's heart couldn't take it anymore. Thursday I took a long nap, and woke up to an email with a new picture and a short email from the social worker who is actually in Ethiopia with S & B!!! This picture is PERFECT! They are both smiling so big and the woman tells me that she told them they have a family! Thank you God! I couldn't stand them wondering if anyone wanted them, if they would ever belong to a family again day after day, while we were here, loving them, preparing for them. It was too much to take, and again, God knew. And He provided.
He is faithful. He is loving. He is kind. He is powerful.
3 comments:
Yay for answered prayers! :)
Good to hear... and I know exactly what you mean!
That is SO awesome!! :) God is awesome!!! So how long does it take for the boys to get the welcome bags and letters?
Post a Comment