Sunday, February 7, 2010

I will always love you

To my kids,

I will always love you. There is nothing you could ever do or say that will change that. You could move to the other side of the world, you could run away from home. You could tell me how much you hate me or choose a lifestyle that I don't agree with. It won't change the way my heart feels about you. It won't change the way I work everyday to show you that I love you.

Because love is an action word.

I love you means I will never leave you. I love you means I will never abandon you. I love you means I will continue to pray for you all the days of my life. I love you means I will work to earn your trust. I love you means I will make decisions based on what is in your best interest, not what is in mine. I love you means I will sacrifice for you. Sometimes my happiness for yours, sometimes my new jeans for yours. I love you means I will always have an open heart and mind when you share with me. I love you means I will share my heart and mind with you. I love you means I will do whatever possible to make you comfortable in my home - forever. I love you means I will support you in your dreams, even when they are not my dreams for you. I love you means that sometimes I will hurt in order to keep you from hurting.

I will make mistakes, but I will never stop loving you.

I will always love you,
Mom

____________________________________________________________________

Lessons from Claire #7:

Death doesn't have to be sad, it can be celebrated.
We often like to think about how wonderful it is that Claire is with her Heavenly Father! We love that she got to skip all of the harshness of this world and go straight to the reward that we all wait for!

I love my husband because:

We are really good communicators. We work really hard at letting each other know how we are thinking and feeling. We are honestly interested in what the other has to say.

No comments: