Thursday, February 25, 2010

What a Woman!

We had my Grandma's 83rd birthday party this past weekend! I can not say enough about what a wonderful woman my Grandma is. She is my second mother. She lived with me from 8th grade until I was 19. I look to her for strength, advice, and a sneak peek at God.

Me and my Beautiful 83 year old Grandma!


GG and some of her great grandkids
Jake, Ally, Graysen, Mya, Jonas, Hunter, and JJ

Grandma and some of her grandkids
Bart, Erin, Jayna, Dawn, Brittany, Miranda, Nick, Matt, Kara, Chad, Me, and Sara


Grandma and 5 of her 6 children
Diana, Jim, Kim, Georgia, and Mike



Grandma,

God has blessed me by giving us to you. I can't imagine being in any other family. You have helped to raise me, show me the way to go by example, not just by words, and loved me no matter what. You encourage me to continue on with my walk with God, and to be the best wife, and mother, (and some day mother in law, grandma, and great grandma) that I can be!

I love you with all of my heart,
Ashley

4 comments:

Charity Hildebrand said...

Aww, such a sweet post! Happy Birthday to your Grandma :)

kimberly said...

I finally stopped tearing up. Tell your Grandma Hi and Happy Belated Birthday from Jim, Kim and Bailee. We really miss her. I can't wait to see her again at church.

Chrissy said...

This made me cry.

Chrissy said...

These are the kinds of moments I hope people share on my new link-up. This must be really special to you now, Ashley.