Thursday, July 30, 2009

Be Still...God Knows.

Are you ever so confused, so frustrated, mad, sad, or exhausted that you can't seem to pray?  

I came to the realization tonight while driving home that even though I may not know what to say, God already knows what's on my heart.  All I have to do is Be Still...and know that God is exactly who He says He is.  He is the God of all creation - of Heaven and of Earth.  He created me, He knit me in my mommy's womb.  He counted my days before I even had the chance to live one.  

Of course God wants us to pray to him.  To have a conversation.  That's what relationships are all about right?  Communication?  So, obviously God likes it when we talk to Him, express ourselves to Him.  

But...

Don't you have that one person in your life that KNOWS what you're feeling before you even tell them?  That individual who can put it into words when you can't.  That one that doesn't care if you can't ever put it into words?  

Let God be that person.  God created me...he made my heart, my soul, and my mind.  He knows how it works, he knows what it thinks and how it feels.  

So, from now on, I'll be content.  The next time I'm feeling frustrated because I know I should be praying, but I can't...for whatever reason, I'm just going to be still.  And know that God is there, already knowing what on my heart and mind.  And feel okay about the fact that I can't always express myself.  

2 comments:

Bld424 said...

I'm back online and I am anxious to see what the Lord with teach me from your posts!

Expect a parade of comments when I have the time and energy!

Mindy said...

Yes I totally feel that way a lot.. especially lately. I agree!