Monday, July 27, 2009

Sweet phone calls

A few days ago Hunter and I took a trip to Versailles, Mo and then stopped in Waynesville to watch a movie together.  We were gone from 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.  8 hours away from Lincoln and Graysen.  About half way through the day Hunter asked if he could talk to Graysen on the phone.  It was good for my heart to hear that he was missing his sister and wanted to talk to her.  There are some days where they fight all day long and I wonder where we've gone wrong.  Then there are phone conversations like I overheard the other day. 

H:  "Hi Sissaboo"
G:  "BUBBY!"
H:  "I miss you"
G:  "Uh huh"
H:  "I love you"
G:  "I love you"
H:  "I'll see you as soon as I get home"
G:  "Yea!!!"
H:  "Bye bye sweet thing"
G:  "Bye Bubby"

As soon as he came in the house that evening they ran to each other to give hugs.  They had obviously both missed one another.  I'm so glad that God is blessing their Brother / Sister relationship.  

1 comment:

Jess said...

That is very sweet!! Alexis really loves talking on the phone right now even if she doesn't know the person. She wanted to talk to a loan officer that is doing our re-fi the other day and he was nice enough to go along with it! I've talked to her on the phone for a long time now when I'm at work even when she couldn't talk. But, now she talks back and it's so sweet. She'll answer a question or two and then if she's too busy to talk she'll just yell, "Love you, Bye!" and she's done!