Lincoln and I have both pushed our bodies to the limit over the last 27 years. We have pushed, and strained, and pulled, and damaged to the max. Not only have we expected extra-ordinary things from our bodies physically, we haven't taken very good care of them in return. We don't eat healthy foods, and let's be real, no one's life is very stress free these days.
Time for a change! I'm tired of being mayor of "Cranky Town". My family deserves more than that. I'm tired of being tired! I want to have more energy to play with my kids. I want to be able to stay up past their bed time to have some time with my husband. I want more out of my life than I'm getting. It's not an unrealistic expectation...I'm only 25!!!
After lots of research on natural medicines and healing we've decided to all start seeing the chiropractor on a regular basis. We are all taking nutrients, and getting adjusted regularly. The frequency of the visits won't last forever, but until we are all "lined out" again we are going to see Dr. Tim quite regularly!
I believe these two things:
1. God made the body to be in a state of health and wellness, not sickness.
2. The body always does the best thing for itself given it's current situation.
Our diet is changing as well. We're starting slowly adding lots more fresh fruits and veggies. Instead of a piece of left-over cake or goldfish for snacks, we're now having grapes, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, oranges, apples, peaches, cucumbers, carrots, green peppers, etc!
Our new moto is..."If God made it, thumbs up, If God didn't make it, thumbs down"!
Please say some prayers for us on this journey. We all know it's for the best, but habit is hard to change! Lincoln and I are missing our sweet tea and Hunter and Graysen are missing their chocolate snacks. Eating healthy foods is also hard on the checkbook...but, I guess it's coming out one way or another - either food or medical bills right?!
7 comments:
I don't understand seeing the chiropractor.
What don't you understand about it? Like why he's giving us nutritional / medicine advice or why we get adjusted?
Well, both (now that you mention it, I didn't know you were getting nutritional advice from him, too). Why not seek a dietitian? And why do you need to get adjusted? I guess I just don't have a good view of chiropractors. My dad was suffering from really bad back pain in the summer of 2004 and kept "getting adjusted" from a chiropractor. My mom (and grandma) finally convinced my dad to see a doctor (MD) and it was found that he had massive blood clots in his lungs which was causing the pain. Similarly, I was having pain a few weeks ago, and several people told me I should go get adjusted. I was diagnosed with bronchitis.
My uncle is the director of radiology at St. Luke's, and after seeing x-rays for over 40 years, he isn't a proponent of chiropractors (to put it nicely...it's interesting to get him going on that subject).
I realize that sometimes medical things are very opinionated issues...we all have our feelings one way or another (and quite strongly usually). So please don't be offended. I was just very intrigued by this blog entry.
I guess I just believe in more natural medicine than MD's are normally willing to give. That's why I like Dr. Sean so much...because he's very "hands off, let the body heal itself" kind of guy. I just think God made our bodies to be healthy, not sick, and if we use the recourses that He gave us (natural foods, vitamins, etc.), then the body will heal itself...
I mean, obviously I'm not against MD's...I think they serve a place, but I'm not going to go to one for aches and pains...
just different view points I guess! I'm not at all offended! :0)
Natural medicine is great, and I've loved my doctor and kids' doctor for his anti-medicated approach to things. He didn't even want me to give the kids Oragel! What I don't understand is the "adjustment" thing with the chiropractor. Why is that necessary?
There's a book you should read. It's called "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver. She and her family ate only food that they grew for a year (a little that their neighbors grew too). It really opened my eyes to thinking about where my food comes from. She inspired me to try and shop at the Farmer's Market and "eat local" as much as I can...which is a little harder here but I'm trying! I like the thumbs up, thumbs down approach too, that's a good rating system!
Sounds like a good plan for you & your family!
After reading the comments ...
I have heard a lot of chiropractor horror stories. But personally, I've had an awesome experience (Dr. Singer in Rolla) for my scoliosis. There is proof that he straightened my back out by x-rays (and less pain). I would be scared to try a new chiropractor though because I trust him. I know he is very well educated and I've even gone to his yoga class. My opinion is if you find a chiropractor you like and you know it helps you, then go for it!
Have you ever considered acupuncture? I've never tried it, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.
Post a Comment