Wednesday, July 8, 2009

God is Good to Me

Sunday, Hunter's bible verse was "God is good to me".  

Sunday evening we ended up in the ER with him.  As we walked in the ER I asked God very bluntly to "please heal my son".  As they were putting the IV in Hunter arm and the nurse, Lincoln, and I were all holding him still, I was reminded to whisper in his ear his bible verse from Sunday School that morning.  "God is good to me" I said to him.  He stopped fighting.  "God is with us everywhere we go", I reminded him (another verse from a few weeks ago).  Finally, he was still and quiet.  

It was a reminder to me to trust God's word and to use the power that it possesses.  

When he started feeling better and we were finally released around 1 a.m. we talked about how Mommy prayed for God to heal him as we walked in, and He did!

God IS good to us...and He is with us everywhere we go.  I'm thankful for the last 5 weeks in the 4 & 5 year old Sunday School Class, to learn bible verses with them, and then to be able to apply them in life with my son.  

1 comment:

Nel said...

I hope everything is ok... let me know if you need anything.