We FINALLY got a new road. It's beautiful, and it's smooth. We are super excited about it. There are no more rocks for our kids to trip over, fall down, and scrape their knees on. It makes our house look a lot better. We're thrilled with it.
Don't get me wrong...
But it we are also in mourning because we had so many fun times jumping in the puddles that were formed by the holes in the road. My kids LOVED putting on their rain boots and running from one end of the street to the other straight though them. Hunter and I had contests to see who could make their splash the highest while jumping in the biggest one. Our elderly neighbors often came outside to sit on their porches and watch the kids running, jumping, and splashing. I never complained about the holes in the road because they provided so many hours of entertainment for everyone.
I know the next time we have a rain I will have to remind the kids that there are no more puddles to run and jump in...
and we will be sad.
Goodbye pleasant, playful puddles. We will miss you on Lois Street.
2 comments:
Ashley-I think you are giving them too much credit. Do you honestly think it is going to be level? I mean look at all the road signs in St James they all lean. So I am sure that there will be a puddle or at least a pothole. LOL
No mourning on this side of town. But we never played with the puddles...we have a lake in our backyard instead that we use for rainy day fun! ;o)
Post a Comment