I have done three more "green" things this past week - two inspired yet again by Bethany. Without her I honestly think I might be totally nieve on this whole subject!
1. I ordered re-usable pads. Yup, I took the plunge. I haven't gotten them yet, but I'm VERY excited for them to come!
2. I did not bag my fresh veggies today at the store. Her voice popped in my head as I was pulling the bag down - "you're going to take them home and wash them anyway, why put them in a bag to "protect" them?"
3. This one is inspired by my sister (with a slight twist) - I am now refusing straws from waitresses. Why waste the plastic and paper when I don't need it? I used to ALWAYS use a straw at restaurants because I didn't want my mouth to touch the glass in case it wasn't very clean...but hello, I'm drinking the drink in that "dirty" glass! :0) Anyway - Kara always encourages me to leave the straw on the table, but I don't really think that they are going to put that back in the "to give out" pile - they are just going to scoop it up and throw it away - so now I tell the waitress "no straw" as she is handing me my glass.
I try to share all of my new steps with family members in hopes that they might do the same! :0)
4 comments:
Great straw idea! When I was a waitress, we did just throw the unused straws away, as a policy.
Usually I drink out of straws at restaurants, because I assume my teeth will hurt from the coldness. Maybe I will try "no straw" and see if I do have sensetive teeth, or if I just think I do!
Oh - Ashley I would not put my mouth on that glass..... yuck....SERIOUSLY!
good job on the other two though..!
Try Glass Drinking Straws by GlassDharma.com. You can carry them in your purse and you can even get a "cozy" to protect them during transportation.
The waitresses always comment on mine when they refill my iced tea!
Thank you! I just ordered a set of four to keep in my purse for my family!
Post a Comment