Today I went to STL to help my girlfriend make her wedding invitations. I am in her wedding April 4th. Of course, with all of her bridesmaids, aunts, and mom's friends, the talk today was very girly...very - loveish. (I know that's not a word.) It made me replay the days leading up to my own wedding. All of the preparations, all of the emotions, stress, excitement, exhaustion. Over lunch Amy asked us all to share the worst part about our own weddings with her. As I went around the room hearing women say "Uh, I got married. Ha ha, that was the worst part". Or "I married Mike". It made me really sad. I pray that I NEVER say that. I hope that I never have any reason to regret my marriage to Lincoln. Of course, I don't think that I'll ever regret it - because if nothing else, I have learned SO many lessons on marriage, relationships, and men. And most importantly - I have my children. When it came to me, I could honestly say - "I can't think of a single bad thing that happened that day." How lucky am I?! My wedding was awesome! Amy even agreed...(she was one of my bridesmaids as well) - the day was flawless. I didn't forget anything, no one made a scene, my unity candle didn't catch on fire (yes, that was truly one of the girls stories), and I married an AWESOME man.
During a period of my life when not too much looks happy, it was nice to be reminded of a flawless day in my life.
A day when nothing went wrong and all of my dreams were coming true.
1 comment:
My day was perfect, too! :o) Well, except it was 102 degrees...but even that didn't phase me! I agree with your post, I hope I never say that or think that. There are hard times, but I know God has me with who He had planned for me! :o)
Post a Comment