That's right. I feel like I've hit my first medical failure as a parent with her. I had to rush Hunter to the ER when he was around this age as well...so that was my first with him. Anyway - she's only had a cough since Friday evening. I totally didn't think we would go and hear this news. I knew she had an ear infection since she literally screamed her head off every single time we laid her flat last night (it was a LONG night...). Ear infection - yes. "Monstrous" in fact...yes, those were Dr. Sean's words. Then he listened to her chest and heard a "crackle". Apparently, crackles aren't a good thing. She's had a breathing machine (nebulizer) since she was born basically, but has never required a chest X-Ray like we experienced today. It was terrible. Anyway, we went back down for Dr. Sean to read them, and sure enough...fluffy. Yup, his words again, she has a fluffy left lung. Pneumonia. We are on "lock down" until Friday, on breathing treatments every 4 hours, got a shot today at the Dr. and starts oral meds in the morning.
Please say an extra prayer for healing and patience for her two tired parents.
4 comments:
You have to remember they can't tell you what is wrong at this age and sometimes we are not mind readers. I felt bad last week because I didn't know Logan had an ear infection. Dr. Sean is very good Doctor. Logan loves to go see him but the down side is he will tell you how it is.
She is in my thoughts and prayers.
Oh, my! I'll pray for her...and you!!
Thank you both!
Poor thing! And by that I mean both you and Graysen. Prayers for you guys will commence immediately. Hang in there. This is certainly not a failure on your part- I'm pretty sure I've never seen Gray outside the house without a hat and coat and shoes, and short of bundling our little ones, there's not always much we can do to ward off the winter! On the bright side, you get the week with your family-- Hope she feels better soon!
Post a Comment