Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Resolution?

I gave up making a New Years Resolution lots of years ago. I don't believe in them. There is nothing about it being the first day of a new year that is going to motivate me to do something new with my life. I'm no more likely to start watching what I eat or exercising on Jan. 1st then I am any other day of the year. I believe that there are very few things that can change overnight, so why would the night of December 31st to January 1st be any different?

Instead, I like to take a look at my life and see what things I would like to accomplish over the next few years. Here's what I think my goals are going to be:

1. Continue working on becoming a better housekeeper
2. Decide upon a future career
3. Learn and cook at least 10 new recipes
4. Go a straight month without soda (but I say that one every year)
5. Continue to try to make God my number 1 priority, my husband my 2nd, and my children my 3rd. (2 and 3 often times get mixed up for me)
6. Start planning our next Disney World Vacation
7. Save two times the amount of money for our Christmas Jar as we did last year
8. Become more familiar with the stories of the Bible

No comments: