Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Gray's first snow

We have a ton of snow outside right now!  Okay - so, let us put that in perspective...we have about 4 inches or so (on top of ice).  That is nothing compared to my years in Alaska - but the road crews were obviously pros there...not so much the case in good old STJ!  

This is Graysen's first real snow!  We went outside today - it took us about 15 minutes to bundle Hunter, Libby, Graysen, and ourselves up - and then spent about 15 minutes outside.  :0)  Such is life.  I realized a very sad thing today - my daughter doesn't own gloves!  Her hands never reach outside of her ridiculously puffy coat, so I never saw the need for it.  I am preparing to go fix that right now when I go to Walmart grocery shopping...but this morning I had to put socks on her hands!  She didn't mind one bit!  She LOVED it outside!  She could take about 3 steps before she fell down each time, but she just laughed.  There was no frustration like we expected.  She wouldn't eat any, but sure didn't mind it all over her!  

Hunter had a great time throwing snow balls with his dad and making a snow angel.  He has had another real snows, but not for a long time, so he was super excited as well.  I hope that it lasts one more day so we can go out together again tomorrow!  

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Oh, I'm guessing this snow will be here for a few days! :o)