1. Lincoln was off work - which meant that I finally got to feel what it would be like to be a normal family and have the weekend off together.
2. My Grandma went to church with us. I so enjoyed having her sitting next to me during the service and afterward she said "I see why you guys want to go to that church! I really enjoyed the sermon and it is full of people your age!"
3. I got to see Ally and Mya be dedicated. I believe that dedicating your life to raise your children in a Christian household is so important and special. Britt and Nick have been gracious enough to be there to support Lincoln and I both times we dedicated our children, and it was very special to me to be there to support them as well.
4. I was able to worship this morning. We sang two of my favorite songs "Breathe" by Michael W. Smith and "Your Grace is Enough" by Chris Tomlin. I have been able to let go of the stress the last two days and it was so nice to have nothing else to think about during worship time this morning. The days when I am able to let go of everything else and truly sing to the Lord are the best days.
5. After we got home from lunch we had "Redburn Family Rest Time"! It was a wonderfully quiet few hours in my home when Graysen and Lincoln were napping, Hunter was watching a few of his favorite shows, and I got to finish up laundry, blog, and take some mental health time for myself.
6. After church I put on Lincoln's sweatshirt from yesterday, so it smelled like his cologne. I love wearing his big oversized sweatshirts (especially when they smell like him) and jeans!
6. After church I put on Lincoln's sweatshirt from yesterday, so it smelled like his cologne. I love wearing his big oversized sweatshirts (especially when they smell like him) and jeans!
7. I got to take a bath and watch part of the "Very Duggar Wedding" Special on TV.
4 comments:
I watched "Very Duggar Wedding" special, too!
For some reason, its hard for me to pull away from reality TV. Its sort of like "national geographic" in a way... their life is so different its like watching an unknown culture!
Didn't you have "duggarish" hair in the mid 90s? Like, really good perrms? I never could keep a perm in my hair. All that long curly hair makes me envious!!!
That's hilarious! Yes - I did have "Duggar" hair in 8-9th grade. It was pretty much identical in fact! :0) I agree about the unknown culture! I found Joshua to be SO mature (and yet, immature at the same time...)! I can't imagine being that way at age 20. Makes me wish I could raise my kids to be that way though! Obviously I think many of their ways of life are slightly extreme, but so many of them I envy! I was slightly embarrassed by the fact that I believe myself to be much more "Cousin Amyish" than any of the Duggars!
I watched it, too. I didn't realize there were so many Duggar fans! :o)
Man I had no idea that they already got married. Not having T.V. I feel so out of touch.
Post a Comment