Today is the anniversary of my Grandpa's death. I miss him. He died when I was in 4th grade - but I still have very vivid memories of him. I still use so many of "his" phrases. I still go visit his grave site (it's just up from Claire's). I still think from time to time - Grandpa would be proud, or Grandpa would love watching Hunter do this, or hearing Hunter say that.
I miss sitting on his lap.
I miss making games with his foot stool.
I miss his funny food obsessions.
I miss him asking me to recite my favorite book to him even though I know he didn't really want to hear it again.
I miss his phrases - My favorite: "You make a better door then a window" (probably because I heard this one the most!)
I miss seeing my mom sitting in the living room having a conversation with him. I know she treasured his advice more than anyone else in the whole world.
I miss saying "I'm going to Grandma and Grandpa's house"
I miss watching my Grandma put his socks and shoes on.
I miss going the car lot when we got into town VERY FIRST.
I miss the making up games on the square tiles at the car lot and getting M&M's off the desk.
I miss my Grandpa and can't WAIT until I get to hug him again.
Give Claire and extra big hug and kiss for me tomorrow Grandpa - thank you for being there to hold her while I can't.
I love you.
3 comments:
Thinking of you and big HUGS!
I know the feeling of missing someone that has made such an impact like that. I just recently lost my grandpa in may and it's REALLY hard. Keep your chin up girl and remember he's watching down on you and your family!
It's so funny the memories we treasure... some of my favorites are also playing with his foot rest, grandma putting on his socks and shoes, and of course the MnM's! As I've gotten older, I have such admiration for him, especially considering that he married a woman with 6 kids and truly raised them as his own. We are blessed to have had the support of such a wonderful man, and I know he's looking down on us and is still there when we need him! Love you!
Post a Comment