We can learn so much from watching babies.
Lincoln is horrible at multi-tasking. Actually - it's impossible. He CAN NOT listen and do ANYTHING else at the same time. So, I find myself saying to him, "Lincoln please look at me so I know that you're listening to me." I have to have eye contact in order to know that he's really taking in what is coming out of my mouth.
Graysen has started really blabbering lately. She gives people these long stories (not using any real words of course), but a lot of "L" tongue movements and other random sounds and mouth shapes. This morning she was sitting on my lap while I was working on the computer. She was talking away and I was responding to her with phrases such as "Really? Oh My! How interesting! I can't believe that! That's great." etc. All of a sudden she just grabbed my hair and whipped my head around to face her and gave me a very STERN "talking to"! After I continued to make eye contact with her she returned to her normal tone of voice. She wanted me to make eye contact with her so that she knew I was listening! She wanted me to stop multi-tasking and pay attention.
My - how much little ones know.
1 comment:
Cute! I have heard Sarah say to Caleb, "KAY-WUB...go to time out!" If he does something to her she doesn't like!! :o)
Post a Comment