When I was in Chicago my girlfriends and I had an awesome conversation about religion and God. I am still (a month later) in awe at how much I learned during that conversation. Not only did I learn a lot about each girl's religious views, I learned a lot about our God.
I was amazed at the fact that although two of us are Catholic, and two of us were raised Baptist and currently attend the same Christian Church, we all four had different views and beliefs - on God and our religion. Each person had a different idea about being saved, the importance of attending church services, the definition of sin, and communion. I found it so very interesting that although we all four love and serve the same God, we had such varied thoughts.
I stand in amazement at our God and how personal He is. How He wants a personal relationship with each one of us and how that plays out in our every day lives. I'm so blessed that He thinks enough of me to wait patiently for me to come to Him each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment