One day we're going to get rid of our TV. Wait - no, not our TV, but our cable / dish, etc. We need the TV for movies, Wii, etc. Anyway - at the initial thought I cringed. I have never been without TV! Let's face it - I'm addicted to TV right now. Mondays is Bachelor (watched online on Tuesdays), Tuesdays is Biggest Loser, Thursdays is Grey's Anatomy and America's Best Dance Crew (both watched on Friday and Sat. online), and Sunday is Extreme Home Makeover. That's a stinkin' lot of shows to watch every week! It's about 7 hours (since some of them are usually 2 hour shows). I'm aware this is a ridiculous amount of television - but...I love it!
Tonight I watched Grey's and it hit me. Why do I watch such drama???!! Like I don't have enough in my own life? Seriously? Yes...I do. I do not need anymore drama in my life. I gave up facebook (drama is only one of the reasons) and I think I can give up Grey's as well. Do I want to know why Izzie is sick (sorry if I just gave away this week's show to anyone!)? Definitely. But, I think if I skip next week's show I won't even remember to wonder. I'm making it official - I'm giving up Grey's. I might get crazy and give up Bachelor as well. Biggest Loser, Dance Crews, and Home Makeover I'll keep because we watch them as a family. The others - just stupid extra drama in my life. I'm so over that added stress!
Anyway - to bring an end to a random, really crazy blog post - I don't think I'll miss TV when we give it up completely. The quiet just might be welcome!
No comments:
Post a Comment