Monday, January 19, 2009

All We Know of Heaven

I just finished the book "All We Know of Heaven". It is loosely based on the car accident several years ago when two best girlfriends were mistaken...one died, the other lived and for 8 weeks they had the girls mixed up. Although I think I would have much preferred a book that was written about the scenario off of facts, this book was fairly interesting. I read it in two days (like I usually do) - which means that I enjoyed it. Sometimes I start a book, put it down for the night and never pick it back up. Blah. I heard about this book from someone who said it "turned their life around". They said it made them re-think everything they thought was normal. I would NEVER go that far when describing this book. I think it was a good story for me to read during this month because I could totally relate to both of the mothers while they went through their grieving stages. It made me feel better about my behavior after we lost Claire and then every year for these 4 weeks. Sometimes you just need someone to tell you that how you feel and what you do isn't so crazy afterall!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Have you ever read the book, "Mistaken Identity", that is really about that incident? I would like to read it sometime.

Ashley said...

I haven't, but now that I know that there is a book about it I will read it! :0) Thanks Mindy!