Friday, January 23, 2009

Baby Fever...

I'm always amazed at the phenomenon of baby fever. Although there are no physical symptoms (that our husbands can see) - the effects of it are very real in the heart of a woman. When I'm hit with baby fever I find it hard to function doing anything else without thinking about being pregnant or having a newborn.

Sure, there's the uncomfortableness of being pregnant (lucky - or maybe unlucky for me, I haven't ever been sick), there's the lack of sleep with a newborn, there's the diapers, the crying. But there's something about the feel of that baby kicking in your tummy, and the smell of a newborn that is totally worth all the "crummyness" of the situation.

Sadly, I feel the urge lots - every time I hear a baby name that I want to use, every time someone announces that they are pregnant, every time I pass a maternity store in the mall, and every time I see a newborn. Whew - it's really hard for me. I would have a dozen if I did pregnancy well and if we could afford them. No lie.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Yes, I am currently going through baby fever myself - the catch, I currently have one!! :) But now that he's sleeping through the night - I'm full on with the notion of yet another bundle of joy. For now, I'm putting all those thoughts into making my marriage and family stronger, so that when we are ready (in a year) to start this journey again, our foundation will be strong enough to handle those 6 months of the "emotion roller-coaster" that comes with having a newborn.

To add, I was looking at your current reading list...does this mean it's back on the table??